Subject: Re: Atomic model
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 94 22:35:27 PDT

Christian Graham writes:
>
>I'm trying to create a basic model of the Bohr Atom and I want to achieve an e
f
>fect whereby the electron spinning around
>the nucleus leaves a trail behind it showing its previous path.  I've got a ni
c
>ely spinning electron but no amount of messing
>about (sorry experimenting) with motion blur and various levels of anti-aliasi
n
>g seems to give me quite the effect I'm looking
>for. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

	A good "trail" effect can be had by loading the PREVIOUSLY rendered
	frame in as a foreground with a largish dissolve factor, like 75%.

	Use "-1" as the frame offset in the IMAGE requestor.
	
	This is how we used to do motion blur.

***********************************************************************
*   (OOOOO)  [email-masked]  |  Synergy Graphix & Animation     *
*  (OOOOOOO)  Welcome to Seattle!  |   Film and Video Productions     *
*    \\\\\\    Have a latte'!      |Technical Subjects Our Specialty! *
*     \\\\\\      Or else!         |         (206) 283-3540           *
***********************************************************************